10 October

Neil Young's "Greatest Hits (Through 1980)"--indeed, the exclusion of 'Mr. Soul', 'Expecting to Fly', 'The Old Laughing Lady', 'Down by the River', 'Cowgirl in the Sand', 'Southern Man', 'Heart of Gold', 'Cortez the Killer', 'Long May You Run', 'Will to Love', and 'Look Out for My Love' is no accident. I just wanted to limit this to a double album. I like the idea of bonus seven-inch's with the versions of 'A Man Needs a Maid' and 'Don't Let It Get You Down' from the Live at Massey album on one, and the original recordings of two songs, 'White Line' and 'Hold Back the Tears' (from the legendary lost albums Homegrown and Chrome Dreams, respectively, both re-recorded in significantly-different versions for the albums Ragged Glory and American Stars 'n' Bars, respectively), on the other; and maybe, hidden C D tracks of the Rolling Stones's 'Lady Jane' and Carole King's 'He's a Bad Boy' just for a laugh.

Dangerbird
Old Man
I Believe in You
World on a String
Only Love Can Break Your Heart
Borrowed Tune
--
Helpless
Walk On
Pocahontas
After the Gold Rush
Don't Be Denied
Tonight's the Night
--
Like a Hurricane
Hey Hey, My My (Out of the Blue)
Pardon My Heart
Powderfinger
Campaigner
Don't Cry No Tears
--
Out on the Weekend
Birds
Cinnamon Girl
Ohio
See the Sky About to Rain
On the Beach